Friday, July 25, 2014

BzzAgent Product Review: Crest Be Toothpaste

NOBODY PUTS CREST®  BE IN THE CORNER

Since the dawn of toothpaste, mint has been confined to slight variations like spearmint or peppermint. All that time, this reigning flavor of freshness was dreaming bigger, bolder and more delicious pairing. Oh, the places mint could take us if only we'd let it be free! Crest® Be has done just that!

So recently I had the pleasure of joining the latest Bzz Campaign which was for Crest Be Adventurous Toothpaste. 

Per the information on BzzAgent I would be receiving three different flavors: Mint Chocolate Trek, Vanilla Mint Spark and Lime Spearmint Zest. Now I don't know about you but when I first heard the name of the flavors I well. . . felt a bit icky. It sounded like they would be sending me candy-like hygiene items to try and well I wasn't too happy about that, especially right now that my toddler has gotten the hang of brushing her teeth.  

So my BzzKit finally arrived, and indeed it had three sample sized tubes of toothpaste.

The following is my thoughts and experience with all three toothpaste after trying them all out. 

  • Lime Spearmint Zest- Not bad as far as the flavor goes. Felt candy-like. My problem with this though is that when I brush, I expect my mouth to feel clean and well, fresh? This flavor of toothpaste does not do that. I did not feel clean and refreshed after using this, if anything I felt the need to go brush my teeth which defeats the purpose of this product, no? I think this was something that might have sounded good as an idea but as an actual item, nope. Not worth buying for me. My Husband tried it as well and he ended up rinsing it out, he definitely did not like it. 
  • Chocolate Mint Trek- I love chocolate, and I love chocolate mint. So when I was getting ready to try this flavor I figured 'Hey I bet this one will be better than yesterday's!' Again, nope. Not at all. If you give this to your kid as a way to incite them to brush up you might find someone who'll like this, but as an adult nope nope nope. Nothing quite like the feeling that I'm smearing a chocolate bar across my teeth. The flavor is ok, I mean they did an ok job at recreating it as a toothpaste but it's just not for me.
  • Vanilla Mint Spark- The mellowest of the three. The vanilla comes in first followed by a faint taste of mint. I might consider this one the best of the three. It doesn't mean I'll be stockpiling it anytime soon, but as far as these three go it's good to know I at least liked one.

So what's my final verdict? 

Stick to your normal toothpaste. That's what I'll be doing. Good on Crest for trying something new, but sometimes not every idea will be a winner. 


*I received these products for free from BzzAgent for testing and/or reviewing purposes*





1 comment :

  1. great review. I wanted to know how these toothpaste were and how they tasted, thanks

    ReplyDelete